09 December 2010

Lots of miles and a disappointing college football game

Since I last checked in I have logged a lot of miles on the ole' VW.

After completing my marathon road trip across the MidWest with my buddy Brent, I made my back to Charlotte for a few days....   Only to load up Dottie B. and travel to SW Florida to see my father and his wife for Thanksgiving.

Dottie B. on the beach in FL


I returned to Charlotte for all of 5 days before returning to my true home, my 2003 VW GTi.   This time, I made my way to Dallas, TX and the Big XII Championship football game.   This game marked the last conference meeting between the University of Nebraska and the University of Oklahoma.   Both rivals are steeped in tradition and have laid claim to a staggering number of conference championships.



The game was definitely an exciting one.  But, Nebraska managed to blow a 17 point lead and eventually lose by a score of 23-20.

Jerry World, Dallas, TX



The trip was definitely worth it though.   My only hope is that Nebraska manages to make it to the inaugural Big 10 championship game next December in Indianapolis.

In addition to my boys blowing the game, I also failed to book any shoots while I was in Dallas.   This is unfortunate given the large number of people I know in the DFW area.  But, perhaps another time.  I did get to see a lot of old friends (and a few newer ones), which is always nice.



Ryan and Aaron...  A couple NC Huskers

The Fowler family from Omaha + San Antonio

Brad, Rani, and Mark, now living in Dallas

Jason and Stephanie, Houston


I was also able to meet Cornhusker legend "Touchdown" Tommie Frasier.




Special thanks to Frank, Justin, and Max Samland for their generosity!

Justin, Frank, and Max Samland...  Omaha


After Dallas, I made my way to nYc to work for a week or so photographing Coach...   No rest for the wicked.   Next up is another trip back down to Charlotte and then off to Nebraska for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment