26 February 2009

Beautiful days, old friends, and driving to Houston...

Tuesday was a good day for me to catch my breath... I started the day by having a cup of tea while sitting on Justin's deck... Looking out over the water. After a while, I drove into town and met up with Justin for a Cajun lunch to celebrate Mardi Gras.

The food wasn't great, but a good time. After lunch, I stopped by Town Lake, parked, and walked around a bit. Between the people watching and the phone calls, time flew by. From there I decided that no trip to Austin would be complete without a trip to Waterloo Records. I picked up a couple of CD's, a tee shirt, and a hat.

From there, it was back to the lake. Justin and Janelle were due home around 6:00 for a little impromptu photo shoot (for their engagement portrait)... So, I had a little time and decided to try my hand at fishing. I had a few bites and one successful catch :)



I photographed Justin and Janelle for 20 min or so... They selected this one to run in the newspapers.
About 7:15 (or 1hr 45min late), Kris Goodman arrived at casa Demerath. After he cleaned up his act a bit, we made our way to Ranch 616 for dinner. They served a killer chicken fried fillet medallion... Simply awesome.



After the meal, Janelle took her leave... She had a big hearing on Wednesday morning. Kris, Justin, and I moved on to The Ranch for some drinks, stories, and lies. We spent a couple hours there reminiscing.

Around 1:00am, we made our way back to the lake. It was then decided that we should go out on the boat for a bit... So, we cruised around for a bit, drifted a bit, and continued the merriment until 2:30 or so.

Wednesday morning Kris and I drove over to Houston. We played a quick round of golf with Ryan Webber, Grabbed some dinner, and hit the sack early.

2 comments:

  1. "They served a killer chicken friend fillet medallion."

    Wait, what? Chicken FRIEND fillet medallion? With friends like you, who needs enemies? Digging the blog, BTW. I like your photo to text ratio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good catch... I was running out the door as I was typing. Text is overrated!

    ReplyDelete