21 February 2009

Boat Rides, Burritos, Boots, Shrimp, and a Few Tunes

Our day started off with some breakfast burritos and a quick ride up the lake to Justin's friend's place to drop off a saw. Nice ride but the wind proved to be a little much from Janelle.


After out AM boat ride we all hopped into Justin's 1976 International Scout and made our way into Austin for
Janelle Selected Guero's Taco Bar for our lunch... Great Food!


After lunch, I decided that every man needs a pair of cowboy boots, so they took me over to Allen's Boots (on South Congress) to peruse their selection. After 30 minutes or so, I bit the bullet and purchased a black pair of Ariat boots. I had to pass on the awesome Old Gringo boots that I tried on... Too much $$$. Maybe next time :)

After picking up a bunch of food from the supermarket and a few canisters of propane from 711, we made made our way back to the lake to prepare for the small dinner party that Justin and Janelle decided to have.

The guest list included our friends' Sarah Wilson and Keith Maitland. Also invited where Mooke Mayrath and his girlfriend April.



Justin and Janelle decided to boil up a bunch of Gulf shrimp, potatoes, sausage, and corn. Takes me back to New Orleans!



Around midnight, Justin, Mooke, April, and I made our way over to the Saxton Pub to see their buddy Shawn Nelson play a set. Good times... I even purchased a CD.



Another fine day on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment